Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Candy Chang--Before I Die


Candy Chang is a public installation artist, designer, urban planner, and co-founder of Civic Center who likes to make cities more comfortable for people.

This project in particular, 'Before I Die', is pretty cute. She took the side of an abandoned house in New Orleans and turned it into a giant chalk board that lets members of the community express what they would like to accomplish before they die.

Though this particular style of art is not something I would like to pursue visually (or maybe not so obviously), I do appreciate truly inspirational and motivational pieces such as these. I wish there were one in Richmond, I would love to participate and maybe help document. I imagine working with her on this project was an amazing experience. Just thinking about it makes me want to jump in on community improvement. If I had the right people, it would be so much fun. Maybe I'll start brainstorming in my free time (yeah, because I have so much of that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment