Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's Get To Know Each Other

I oftentimes go by Kelso. I'm trying to understand myself and my chain of thought, and better organize my sources of inspiration to find a clear direction to take in my artwork.

I prefer Southern Gothic literature, but have recently begun reading poetry.

I'm a movie fanatic.

My taste in music is centered around rap and folk, primarily because both have created a strong mythological fringe culture through a heavy lyrical style that focuses first and foremost on story telling.

My main interests for the moment:
--Cinematography and symbolism in music videos
--History of rap/hip-hop culture
--Ophelia Complex
--Poetry
--Truth in stereotypes/how common stereotypes influence artistic interpretation
--Southern culture/tradition
--the Mississippi River (symbolism in art, historical importance, folklore)

This is my personal blog: MY TEEN ANGST. It's not very interesting, but you know, just thought I'd throw that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment