Monday, March 21, 2011

Inspired--Man On Wire

Check this out right now

Watched? Okay good.

"Life should be lived on the edge of life. You have to exercise rebellion: to refuse to tape yourself to rules, to refuse your own success, to refuse to repeat yourself, to see every day, every year, every idea as a true challenge - and then you are going to live your life on a tightrope."

This guy is such an inspiration. I mean, he really pursued what he wanted to do, you know? Regardless of what was going on, he refused to take no as an answer, and spent a great deal of time pursuing this dream. It wasn't legal, it sure as hell wasn't safe, it was most likely bat shit crazy, but he did it anyway, because something in his soul pushed him forward after all that time.

I love his philosophy on the whole thing. That we must not become complacent and simple, but rebellion is an act that can be exercised. I push myself every day to live this way; I think it will help me loosen up and help me find a path easier. I find it is often easy for me to get stuck in ideas and themes and aesthetic styles. I want to constantly explore and push myself to try new things everyday.

Good God, that was quite an invigorating movie-watching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment