Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good Times Roll (Part 2)

I need to find a proper place to vent my frustrations and petty anxieties.

Many people would say 'oh, that's why you're an artist, just go take some pictures'. And I wish that's how it worked for me. But I find when I make art out of anger and terrible emotions, it doesn't translate well. Only when I feel truly INSPIRED!! can I make good art.

I don't know if I can even explain that inspired feeling. It's that voice in the back of your head that gets overly excited. It starts as a whisper and builds into a booming voice that just constantly yells DEAR GOD PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN OR YOU WILL EXPLODE. That's the kind of art I like making the most.

Lately, that voice has been talking to me about collaborations and fringe culture. Let's see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment