Monday, April 25, 2011

Time And Narrative







I am not sure how I feel about this particular series. While I am normally all about creating narratives, I struggled with expressing my idea properly. I wanted it to not be a direct narrative, but more implied, more spaced out, more about feeling than plot. My main topic, I suppose, was an extension of whatever existential crisis I have been having as of late. I wanted to express that weird loneliness; that surreal, irrational feeling that we are the only people who feel the way we do, who go through these emotional stages. This is not so, however, though we often forget it. I wanted to convey that struggle to constantly remind one's self that we are not alone, even when we feel our loneliest.
Technically, these images have been very satisfying for me. I've got a good grasp on the focus in these images, and the contrast is strong in each one. I think the zone system is working very well, I can see that it is improving my technique quite a bit. I also really enjoyed, once again, working with Fiver paper with these prints. The tones just seem richer to me, though they are more muted than matte RC paper, but i find I prefer that with my style of work. I enjoy contrast, but not too much. I don't need the image to be flashy, merely realistic in lighting and contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment